Hyundai has launched its 2018 Sonata Sedan recently, which has always been company’s answer to a number of other Sedans available in the market from its rivals. In 2015 company gave a solid product to the car market in form of 7th generation Sonata series. Now four years later it has arrived once again with a Sonata Sedan that’s one of the best ever developed by it. Wanna know everything about it? Okay, then let’s take a look at it:
2018 Hyundai Sonata Engine and Transmission
The engine and transmission configurations of this Sedan are as follows:
- SE, SEL, Sport and Limited editions of this car come with a 185hp 2.4-liter engine and six-speed automatic transmission. This engine produces 178 pound-feet of torque.
- Sonata Eco comes with the 1.6-liter twin-scroll turbocharged engine of 178hp and seven-speed dual clutch transmission.
- And finally, Sonata Sport 2.0T and Sonata Limited 2.0T come with a 245hp engine and 8-speed automatic transmission.
In a nutshell, every variant of car has an engine and transmission system powerful enough for its needs.
2018 Hyundai Sonata Features
Sonatas have historically had vehicle stability management systems, traction control, anti-lock brakes, electronic brake force distribution, brake assist, tire pressure monitoring and electronic stability control so no surprise that this 2018 Sonata also comes with them. The new additions to this long list of features are Blind Spot Detection and Rear-Cross Traffic Alert. Other features are version specific. For example:
- The SEL Trim’s $1,000 Tech Package comes with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) with pedestrian detection, Lane Keep Assist (LKA), Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) and Smart Cruise Control.
- The $2,900 Unlimited package of Limited edition Sonata 2018 comes with all the feature mentioned above, plus automatic high beam assist, rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, rear-side window sunshades, 400-watt Infinity premium audio system, wireless charging for compatible smartphones, 8-inch touchscreen navigation system and many other minor features.
Besides that, the car has new LED headlights in place of Xenon headlights that were seen in previous Sonata. Rear fascia, taillights and front grille are also newer and better.
2018 Hyundai Sonata Price
2018 Hyundai Sonata costs between $23,000 to $33,000 in the US depending on the edition that you choose. There’re a total of 7 editions with SE being the base version and Limited 2.0T being the most high-end version. So the expected price of this car in India is Rs. 20 lakh – 25 lakh INR.
2018 Hyundai Sonata Release Date
The 2018 Hyundai Sonata Sedan has already been released in the USA and some other major markets. In India, it may be released sometime between June – August, and we’ll let you know when that happens.